Xdesk is in the business of making people like you and me healthier, happier and more productive with their ergonomic desks. And while we are behind our desks for a good chunk of the day—many of us for over 8 hours—we do have lives outside of work. Well, hopefully anyway.
This fact got me wondering: What products are out there aside from Xdesk’s ergonomic desk to help in our health and happiness? What can we use in addition to ergonomic desks to be the most productive, happy, and healthy that we could possibly can be?
In an earlier post I came up with a list of products that are good for your back—aside from the adjustable height desk of course. And today I thought I’d go beyond the back with another list.
Check out the Top 6 Products for your overall health, happiness, and productivity:
1) The Xdesk. Of course I had to put this first on the list. Xdesk’s ergonomic desks are the epitome of improved health, happiness, and productivity in the workplace. Stand behind one for just two weeks and you’ll feel a difference in your energy and you’ll probably even see a difference in your weight!
2) Baroque Music. Okay, this isn’t exactly a product per se, but studies have shown that Baroque Music does in fact help you to focus. I wanted to include this on the list because obviously, the more focused you are, the more productive you can be. And the best part about this “product” is that it’s free to listen to online! So stand up at your ergonomic desk, put on some old tunes, and let the brilliant ideas flow.
3) Yoga Mat. A general yoga mat can be used in so many healthy ways! Use it to stand on behind your ergonomic desk or stretch out during your breaks. You can take it with you to workout at the park after a long day, or even—you guessed it—go to yoga.
4) Shape Ups. These shoes designed by Sketchers are one of the many brands these days making shoes that can actually improve your posture. The soles are designed to engage certain muscles in your legs and core while you walk, or even if you’re standing (behind your Xdesk, perhaps…?). You can get them for men, women, and children in a variety of designs and colors.
5) “Super Foods.” Rather than stuff your face with vitamins, supplements, and unnatural pills, you can eat “super foods” to stay healthy, alert, and happy. What exactly are super foods?
Here are the top ten: beans, blueberries, spinach, broccoli, oats, salmon, green tea, tomatoes, walnuts, and yogurt.
These guys are packed with nutrients and essential fatty acids that you won’t need to take additional supplements. Check out a complete list and article on why these foods are super, here.
6) Lumosity.com. This website is great for boosting productivity, as it actually improves your brain’s functionality! The best part is, it doesn’t even feel like “work,” as you’re playing games and having fun. So sit down, relax… No, better yet, stand up behind your ergonomic desk, go to Lumosity.com, and give your brain a boost!
As you can see there are many ways to be healthy, happy, and more productive aside from the ergonomic desk. Of course these are just a handful of ideas, and we’d be happy to hear more.
Comment below with your favorite products/items to boost health, happiness, and productivity!