In a matter of days, summer vacation will officially begin. The kids will be home from school, those long, sun-filled days will be the norm, pool parties, days at the beach, on the lake… In short: bathing suits, bathing suits, bathing suits.
The paradox of summer is that it’s bathing suit season, but with the kids at home and so much going on, there is hardly any time to work out!
That’s why a treadmill desk like the Xdesk Fit is such a wonderful option, not only for those trying to lose weight, but for anyone with health in mind. Treadmill desks in general are great, but the Xdesk Fit treadmill desk in particular has things that the others don’t.
- The Xdesk Fit treadmill is an unobtrusive 29”x 70.5” (outside dimensions) and has modern styling with sleek lines. This desk is the height of technology—not only because of its adjustable height, but because of the treadmill itself. It comes with an LED digital display that you can place on top of your setup—no matter where it is positioned. This will list your walking time, calories burned, distance traveled and your speed.
- This treadmill desk is Bluetooth-enabled, so you can track your progress right on your computer’s desktop with a handy app. Talk about being productive at the office!
- The Xdesk Fit walking desk also comes with added safety. Most of these treadmill desks continue to run if you step off for a moment, which can be dangerous if you need to stop walking or pause to take a call. With a walking desk from Xdesk, the belt will know when you step off and will stop after just 20 seconds.
Aside from walking while you’re working, here are a few other tips to help you shed that winter insulation and feel confident and healthy in your swimsuit this summer.
- Snack smartly. Yes it’s true, snacking can be good—if you choose the right foods. The best picks are filling, protein-packed snacks, such as one stick of string cheese, a tablespoon of peanut butter on a piece of fruit, or a medium-size bowl of edamame.
- Turn off the T.V. If you’re mindlessly eating while watching TV, research shows you can take in up to 40 percent more calories than usual. Texting, driving, or any other distracting activity during a meal can also result in eating too much.
- Build your muscle mass. Do sculpting workouts (push-ups, lunges, weights, etc.), at least three times a week. This will help boost your metabolism—and give you a healthy toned look.
- Steer clear of sugary drinks. Studies show that liquids travel too quickly through your stomach for your brain to notice the calorie consumption, so all those sugary drinks (not to mention high-calorie beers!) may not feel like they’re filling you up, but they really are—filling you up with calories.
- Eat your veggies. Nutritionists sometimes joke that “no one ever got fat eating carrots.” Truer words have never been spoken! Eat lots of veggies and leafy greens. These will keep you fuller longer and boost your energy, metabolism, and overall health.
So if you’re trying to lose weight for summer but find that you don’t have time (and who can blame you?!), hop behind your treadmill desk during the workday, and be mindful of what you’re putting into your body.
Any other tips for healthy weight loss? Share your thoughts below!