Do you use a Xdesk Fit treadmill at work? How much do you use it per day?
If you answered that question with a grimace and know you should use it more, today’s post is for you.
It’s a challenge!
According to a recent study, an average person should be walking about 10,000 steps per day, with or without a Xdesk Fit—that’s about 5 miles.
Unfortunately, the average person only walks about 1,000 to 3,000 steps per day. So you can see the problem.
My challenge to you is this: Use your Xdesk Fit desk treadmill to help you walk at least 10,000 steps today—and if you’re trying to lose weight, go for even more.
Of course you don’t have to do all of this at your desk treadmill—remember, you are walking around outside of the office.
To inspire you to take the challenge, here are some practical ways that you can boost the amount of steps you take in a day:
1) Walk your dog. Fido can’t very well climb onto your desk treadmill with you, so take some time after work to take him for a walk. He’ll thank you for it.
2) Use the stairs instead of an elevator. Even your desk treadmill can’t compete with a steep flight of stairs. Want a challenge? Jog the stairs!
3) Park further away from the store.
4) Walk to the store.
5) Walk during your meeting. Not only is this a great way to exercise, but a good way to get outside and remember “the world beyond the office.” Of course if you need to be at your desk during a teleconference or meeting, there is always your desk treadmill!
6) Window shop. You don’t have to buy anything, just look around. Prefer to shop online? Use your treadmill desk!
7) Get up to change the channel. Yes, even this small distance will add steps to your day.
So get up and start walking! Five miles a day may seem like a lot, but with a desk treadmill, the distance will seem far less, and once those pounds start falling off and you feel so much healthier, you’ll wonder how you ever worked without a treadmill desk in the first place.
(Still counting down the days until I get my own Xdesk Fit desk treadmill. Very excited!)
About how many steps or miles do you walk in a typical day, on and off your Xdesk Fit desk treadmill?