By now you know all about the benefits of walking, and you know just how to squeeze it in to an otherwise very busy day—with a Xdesk Fit treadmill desk! After all, it is recommended that you get 10,000 steps a day—that’s about 5 miles!
Here’s what we’ve learned so far: walking = good. Walking at work = great. But walking at work in the wrong shoes? That can be really bad. Bad for your feet, your joints, your comfort, and probably your productivity. After all, you’re not going to be focused on the Jamison Report when you’re busy thinking about how much your feet hurt.
In today’s post I thought I’d give you a list of some of the highest-rated and best-reviewed walking shoes. Pair these with your Xdesk Fit and you’ll have the perfect work outfit to stay productive in style.
And if you need to slip on some heels or nice flats before a meeting or something, that’s fine. Just don’t wear uncomfortable shoes at your treadmill desk or even your standing or adjustable height desk.
Without further ado, the 6 best shoes to wear with your standing desk or treadmill desk:
1) Asics Gel QuickWalk: A cushioned heel paired with a flexible forefoot to accommodate your natural stride. Plus, the mesh helps keep your feet cool and dry.
2) Rockport truWALKzero II: These feature a breathable suede wing tip—comfortable and work-appropriate (you won’t even need to change out of these stylish shoes).
3) New Balance 1765:This style is built like a running shoe but made for walking long distances.
4) Ryka Constant: The Ryka’s have extra cushioning in heavy-wear zones, like the heel and toe. They’re perfect for walking quickly.
5) Adidas Energy Boost: The Energy Boost can double as both your walking shoe and running shoe.
6) Skechers Gowalk 2: The padded nubs on the sole of the shoe give plenty of cushion for long days at your walking desk.
Do you use an adjustable height desk or a treadmill desk? Are you on your feet a lot? Share your favorite types of shoes below!