Good posture is the beginning to a healthier lifestyle.
Xdesk is an advocate of good posture. With sit to stand desks like these, you’re not only working on your posture when you’re standing up—you’re strengthening the muscles in your back so your posture improves when you sit down. Of course maintaining good posture isn’t an easy job, even with a sit to stand desk. You need to be aware of how you’re standing, mindful of any tension in your shoulders or back, and most of all you need to practice. Remember the old saying, “practice makes perfect?” Well it is true for good posture, too. Practice good posture when you’re standing and sitting at your adjustable height desk and before you know it, it will become habit.
But good posture should go beyond just practicing behind your sit to stand desk. That’s why in the next few posts, we’re going to give you the rundown on good posture—why you want it, how to get it, and tips for maintaining it, no matter where you are.
Today, we’ll start with the basics. Here are five reasons why good posture is so important:
1) Standing and sitting correctly prevents back strain and overuse, and helps prevent back, neck, and muscle pain.
2) Good posture helps the muscles work more efficiently, which will help prevent fatigue
3) Good posture allows better breathing, which provides oxygen to your body and your brain. This is so important during the day, especially at work, when you need your brain to be awake and productive!
4) Standing properly makes you look slimmer, stronger, and healthier. And who doesn’t want that?
5) Good posture makes you look confident. Even if you’re not feeling confident at the moment, if you stand tall with your head held high, you’ll look like you own the room. And if you practice good posture, soon enough you’ll feel just as confident as you look.
Sit to stand desks are just one great way to practice good posture during the day. Check out our next post with some other ideas!
Do you use a sit to stand desk at work? How has it affected your posture?